Wednesday, June 18, 2008

1 Year of Married Bliss!


Well, it’s official! Travis and I have been married for one whole year! It is truly amazing how fast time flies by! What a year it was! Our journey started out by eloping in the wedding capital of the world…yes I said it, Vegas! Not only did we get hitched in Sin City, but “Elvis” serenaded us throughout the ceremony and even provided us the music to our first dance as a couple! How many couples can say they’ve done that?! Literally, a week after we arrived back in the Hoosier state, we bought our first home! And if that wasn’t enough to keep us busy, we welcomed our first daughter into the world in October! I must say that it has been a whirlwind adventure, but we sure did have fun finding our way through it. It hasn’t always been easy, but who ever said it would be? Even though life has thrown its share of curve balls at us, we’ve learned that if we do it together, we can do anything. With love, all things are possible!

Travis and I celebrated our anniversary throughout the entire weekend of June 14th! We kicked it off by attending the Jack Johnson concert on Friday night (gift from Travis to me because he knows I’m a huge fan of Jack!) and then continued through Saturday evening by Travis taking me to dinner at our favorite restaurant in Indy, Morton’s Steakhouse (ooh lala!) We hold a very special place in our hearts for Morton’s because that is the restaurant that Travis took me to right before he proposed two years ago! Maybe we’ll turn it into a tradition to eat there every anniversary! As for my gift to Travis, I surprised him with four rounds of golf at the Sagamore Golf Club, a very exclusive and private club that I knew Travis had been dying to play at. I also surprised him with some new golf apparel…after all; he needed to look good while playing at Sagamore, right?! He loved his gift as I expected he would and I had the time of my life at the concert! We were 6 rows back from the stage and I couldn’t have been happier! What a perfect weekend!

I am so glad that Travis and I have committed to share our lives together. I couldn’t have picked a better husband or father to walk with down this road we call life.

What a blessed family we are!

No comments: